Serves 4. And only 4, damnit.
Things You’re Gonna Need:
2 tsp of olive oil
1 great onion grated
1/4 lb of firm tofu… (yeah, they don’t sell it that way so about a third of the standard cube-blob)..grated
1/2 of a zucchini grated
2 garlic cloves…minced up
1/4 of tomato sauce or an 8 oz can of such
1/2 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp of freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup of plain breadcrumbs
2 Tbsp of those same breadcrumbs because I couldn’t do the math to combine it with the above amount
2 Tbsp of sunflower seeds… no shells.
4 buns of whole-wheat or sprouted wheat or something healthy
Whatcha Gotta Do:
- Heat your oven up to 400° F.
- Grease up a cookie sheet with some non-stick spray.
- In a big skillet, heat up the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the grated tofu, the grated zucchini, and minced garlic. Cook until soft…about 5 minutes.
- Slop in the tomato sauce and add the salt and pepper. Let it get thick. About 4 minutes.
- Stir in ALL the breadcrumbs and sunflower seeds.
- Take off the heat and let it cool to room temperature.
- Make 4 patties… you know how to do that right? Put them on the cookie sheet and bake about 10 minutes on each side.
- Serve on the buns (I add a piece of gouda/basil cheese.).